Tuesday 11 October 2011

Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze


Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day but we decided to stay home together as a family and have a relaxing day.  My son wanted to make something so badly with the lemons we had so we decided on lemon loaf  which is one of my absolute favourites!  The only thing that was disappointing to me with this recipe is that it wasn't quite as lemony as I usually like to have it.  The glaze definitely helped but I would probably add some extra lemon juice or more zest to the recipe.  That is just my take on it though, if you like a more subtle flavour then this recipe is perfect as is.  I doubled the recipe and it made one loaf plus 6 mini loaves.  Here is the recipe for the lemon loaf and I used this recipe for the lemon glaze.

I do have one other suggestion for making the loaf.  In the recipe it says to oil the pan which didn't work out well for me at all.  What I will try next time is to butter the pan and then flour it.  Hopefully then I won't have any trouble with the bread sticking.  Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment