Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sail Away!






Sail away!  My friend is a "die hard" sailor, for his birthday this is what I came up with.  I got a ton of inspiration from fellow cake artists on Cake Central (thank you!).  Since the birthday boy didn't know I was making him a cake I really had no idea what flavour of cake he might like.  I was considering carrot cake until his wife told be that he thinks that vegetables and desserts just don't belong together!  I thought this was hilarious!  Good thing I asked!  So anyway I decided on a lemon cake filled with raspberry filling and raspberry buttercream.  Before putting on the fondant I iced the entire cake with vanilla buttercream.  The life saver, boats, wheel and anchor are all made with gum paste and the rope is made with fondant.  The waves on the side were air brushed on using 2 different colours of blue.  I hope you like it!  Here is the link for the raspberry filling that turned out really delicious, very easy to make too!
Raspberry Filling

No comments:

Post a Comment