Friday 12 August 2011

Anniversary Cake







I was honoured to be chosen to design and make a cake for my friend's parents 40th wedding anniversary.  My friend is throwing them a surprise party and wanted a cake that represented both her mom and dad.  They have VERY different interests!  Her dad loves hunting and fishing and her mom loves shopping, jewellery and going to the movies.  So.....this is what I came up with!  Ignore the toothpicks that you can see on the top, I am using those just for transport so that the figures don't do a back flip off the cake!  The cake itself is a 10 inch and 8 inch vanilla cake with fresh mango buttercream.  The entire cake is covered in fondant and most of the accessory pieces are made from gum paste.  The shoe is actually made from white chocolate that I tinted teal and the jewels are made with isomalt.  I hope you like it, it was a ton of fun for me to make!  Have a great weekend everyone and I will posting again later this weekend with a farm themed cake.  Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm sure your cake made their day!

    ReplyDelete